Sunday, November 17, 2013

A Tribute from the Past


Day 13
I am thankful for Mary Vanderkam. Mary was my supervisor at Family Literacy, which is one of my two favorite jobs ever. She is the GED teacher and the glue of the program. Mary has a tough job, but she does it well and always with grace. I worked at Family Lit a little over two years. Even in the most stressful situations, Mary always remained calm and professional. Her commitment and compassion were evident. I enjoyed being around her because she was always positive and upbeat. She's a beautiful woman, inside and out 

This was a lovely piece I found on Facebook a few days ago.  I don't think I always remained calm but I hope I did remain professional.  I don't think I was always positive and upbeat but I am glad Chriss remembered it that way.  We did go through some adventures together.

No comments:

Post a Comment