Monday, September 30, 2013

The Process is Working!

We thought that the balance in our checking account was higher than we expected.  We don't do online banking so I had to stop at the credit union today to check.  Yes, there was a sizable deposit from Social Security a few days ago!  Amazing.  It took two weeks from my online application to have the funds deposited.

Now I am thinking about what I am going to do with my windfall.  I would like to give it all away!

Today's mail also brought a notice that my pension application did not appear to have any problems.  We will see how that all turns out as well.

I wrote our children and their significant others about my plans for November's travel and visits.  Susan wrote right back and asked if I could adjust my plans slightly and help her with the kids when Jeff will be gone and she has a chemistry lab to supervise until 11 pm.  I am delighted to do so!  That is a benefit of retiring and another affirmation of my decision.

Tomorrow I might have five new students in class.  I picked up their files and made calls today.  That is always a challenge, incorporating the new ones with the established students.  Only one of the new students has a score above 6th grade level and she has only one such score--an 8th grade score in reading.  We won't meet the December deadline to get them GEDs.  However, four of my present students have a shot at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment